ISO 50001:2011 Energy Management Systems
ISO 50001 is the international standard for Energy Management, the standard specifies requirements for establishing, implementing, maintaining and improving an energy management system, with the purpose of enabling organizations to follow a systematic approach in achieving continual improvement of energy performance, including energy efficiency, use and consumption. More than ever, industry is recognizing that the management of energy is not only crucial to the environment as a whole, but crucial to the sustainability of their business.
Organizations of all types, from small family businesses to the world’s largest corporations can benefit from energy and cost efficiencies through the implementation of this standard.
The purpose of this standard is to:
- Help organizations better use existing energy-consuming assets
- Outline and reinforce best practices in energy management
- Facilitate transparency and communication around energy resource management
- Help facilities evaluate and prioritize implementation of new energy-efficient technologies and practices
- Provide a universal framework for promoting energy efficiency
- Facilitate energy management improvements for greenhouse gas emission reduction projects
- Integrate with other organizational management systems such as environmental and quality
Benefits of an ISO 50001 Management System
- Improve energy performance, including energy efficiency, use, consumption and intensity
- Reduce energy costs
- Demonstrate that the organization implemented sustainable energy management systems, completed a baseline of energy use, and committed to continuously improve their energy intensity
- Encourage organizations to improve management and operational processes, resulting in less waste (both time and materials), increased productivity, efficiency and cost savings
- Drive non-capital energy improvements with increased workplace engagement
- Drive better use of energy-consuming assets
- Help to support transparency and awareness of energy resource management
Why is ISO 50001:2011 important?
ISO 50001 Energy Management System is one of the few management systems that offer measurable cost benefits to organizations. The ISO 50001 Energy Audit Certification Process allows your business to achieve greater transparency and promotes best practices in energy management by demonstrating how energy is consumed throughout your value chain.
The ISO 50001 energy management system (EnMS) framework is widely known to improve bottom lines through systematic improvements in energy efficiency and consumption while enhancing a company’s reputation and environmental performance.
Reliance certification Pte Ltd with the collaboration of other organizations have extensive experience of implementing energy management system with ISO 50001 standard.
Contact us today for expert support +65 69096545
How’s about my Certification Journey? It’s a simple way…..